e hënë, 10 gusht 2009

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Due for release just before Halloween, this debut novel is geared towards the teen/young adult crowd. High school sophomore Nora Grey is disappointed in biology class when she has to sit next to the myserious transfer student, Patch. Soon she begins to feel a dangerous attraction towards him; and the more she finds out about him, the more her mind tells her she should stay away. Then there's the new student Elliot, who seems to have a thing for Nora. Her best friend Vee encourages her to pursue Elliot, but Nora is drawn towards Patch...despite the mounting evidence that he may have sinister designs for her.

I wasn't sure what to think when I picked up this book. I almost never read paranormal-type books, and it's even rarer that I read books aimed towards the teen crowd. I thought I'd end up reading just a few chapters, and then setting the book aside for a more adult one. Much to my surprise, I ended up being very drawn in by this book, and not only finished it but finished it in just two days:-). There's plenty of action here, with a little mystery thrown in to keep you reading. And the attraction between Patch and Nora certainly throws off some sparks. Overall, this was a fun and entertaining teen read, and I am interested in reading the sequel when it comes out.

Nuk ka komente: