e hënë, 4 qershor 2007

Book Awards Reading Challenge

This challenge is for reading 12 award-winning books from July 1-November 30 2007. I actually have a list ready for this one! I will post the date I finish each one--and, more than likely, the list will change before the challenge ends.

1) The Line of Beauty by Alan Hollinghurst
2) True History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey
3) Amsterdam by Ian McEwan
4) Moon Tiger by Penelope Lively
5) The Bone People by Keri Hulme
6) The Sea, The Sea by Iris Murdoch
7) Small Island by Andrea Levy
8) Beowulf by Seamus Heaney
9) The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love by Oscar Hijuelos
10) The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty
11) Humboldt's Gift by Saul Bellow
12) The Confessions of Nat Turner by William Styron

4 komente:

1morechapter tha...

Hi Kelly! Welcome to blogging and the Book Awards Reading Challenge.

Your list is great. I HIGHLY recommend listening to Seamus Heaney's Beowulf in addition to reading it or even just by itself. His voice is a treat to hear.

FYI--I'm moving to Council Bluffs as soon as my house sells!

Kelly tha...

What a fun list! We share a name : )

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity tha...

The only one of these I've read is The Bone People, but it was a great book! Hope you enjoy it.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity tha...

Oh, and I *think* this one goes till June 2008---which relieves some pressure!